QR Codes are a tool for audience engagement and smooth business operations. They were invented by the Denso Wave Corporation in 1994. That means they’ve been with us for almost three decades now.
However, they have picked up the actual pace only over the last decade. That’s because the global penetration of camera-enabled smartphones and high-speed internet has increased over the same time.
Both these factors have a direct impact on the usability of QR Codes. In addition, the pandemic’s need for contactless technology has further increased QR Code usage.
From marketing, consultancy, and advertising to logistics and security services, they’re being used across industries.
You want to create QR Codes too. These could be for any use case that’s operational or promotional in nature. But here’s the thing—you want to create QR Code stickers. And in this article, we’ll show you how to do that.
A. QR Code stickers for your business
You may want to create QR Code stickers for any use case. For example:
- Inventory tracking for the goods in transit
- Product-related information such as manufacturing details via packaging
- Running promotional campaigns via QR Code-based discount coupons
There can be endless use cases. And for the same, you’d probably want to create multiple QR Codes.
Now you have two options here. First, you can use a generic QR Code generator to create QR Codes one by one. However, these QR Codes will then have to be resized and organized onto a label sheet to be printed out as stickers.
There’s another downside to this method. It will need you to put a lot of time into creating QR Codes one by one. And a popular saying goes that if a tool doesn’t save you time or money, you shouldn’t be using it.
The second way is by using a bulk QR Code generator. It will help you create all the QR Codes together in no time. In addition, tools such as QR Batch have the feature to deliver these QR Codes arranged as print-ready labels. No need for you do that manually.
Let’s discuss a bit more about what bulk generation can help you with:
B. Added advantages of QR Code bulk generation
While there are many of them, we will be discussing the top three benefits in detail:
1. Customized QR Codes for your branding effort
Bulk generation doesn’t mean that you can’t get creative with the QR Code design. In fact, it allows you to design your QR Codes in two ways.
The first is by adding your brand logo in the center and colors to the QR Code. This is the most common design variant and is called Custom Logo Design.
The other one helps you add an image as the QR Code’s background. You can think of it as your QR Code being superimposed on an image of your choice. This is called Custom Background Design.
2. Saved time and cost
As mentioned earlier in the article, you don’t have to create each QR Code individually with bulk generation. In fact, you can create up to 100,000 QR Codes together.
In fact, there’s a lot more to it. A bulk generation service costs a lot lower than the generic QR Code generators.
With tools such as QR Batch, the cost per QR Code keeps decreasing as the number of QR Codes in the batch increase. Isn’t that amazing?
3. Hassle-free process
Using tools such as QR Batch, you simply have to create a spreadsheet that contains data to be added to the QR Codes. Then, you simply need to upload this file and add the design to the QR Codes (optional).
After doing this, your QR Code batch starts to progress. Once it’s done, you are notified via email to download it in a zip folder. Smooth, right?
Now that you’ve got the basics about QR Code stickers, let’s see how you can create them:
C. Step-by-step guide to creating QR Code stickers
While there are many bulk QR Code generation services out there, you’d need one that offers hassle-free sticker generation.
That means, your service provider should be able to help you download the QR Codes as ready to print labels (stickers). It’ll save you the hassle of arranging the QR Code images on a label sheet using tools such as Photoshop.
To help you quickly find a suitable service provider, here’s a comparison of the best players available online.
In this article, we’ll be using QR Batch for a quick demo on how to generate QR Code stickers:
Create a spreadsheet
1. Open a spreadsheet and name the first column as Filename. Your QR Codes will have the same name as these filenames
Second column onwards, you can add the data to be added to each QR Code. For example, if you need to add weblinks, the second column could be named as Website Link. Then you can add web links to each row against the suitable filename in the first column.
2. Once you create the spreadsheet, save it in XLSX or CSV format on your device
Create the batch
3. Now, go to QR Batch and do a quick-sign-up. Don’t worry, your credit card details will not be asked for
4. From the menu bar on the left, click on Create Batches
5. Now click on Generate QR Code Labels
6. You’ll then see the following content categories on the screen:
- Website URL
- Plain text
- Serial code
- Random code
Select any category of your choice.
7. Now click on Upload File and add the file you created in the first step and proceed to the next step
8. Now match the data in each column of the file to its equivalent in the dropdown options on your screen and click Confirm
9. After you’re done, click on Review
10. In the next step, you can choose to add a design to your QR Codes. Once you finalize this, proceed ahead
11. You’ll then have to add a Batch Name, specify the format of label sheet, and add layout for the same. Then, click on Next
12. You’ll then see the batch details on your screen. If everything looks good, click on Proceed to Payment
After you make the payment, your batch will start progressing. Once it’s done, you’ll receive a mail with downloadable link to the Batch. You can also do so from the My Batches section from the menu bar.
That’s it. You now know everything about creating QR Code stickers. You can now go ahead to create your stickers.